What is the President’s Award?
The President’s Award is presented annually by the current IABC Victoria president, and recognises an IABC member for special service to IABC Victoria during the president’s term.
The President’s Award will be conferred upon one volunteer IABC Victoria member whose efforts, which include positively enhancing IABC Victoria’s reputation and image, have gone above and beyond that of what volunteers may usually undertake.
It’s an excellent way to receive formal recognition for your contribution to the communication profession.
The award recipient is elected annually by the IABC Victoria Executive Leadership Team (President, Vice President and Immediate Past President), and any current IABC Victoria member active for the previous 12 months is eligible for consideration. The member must be of good standing in the communication profession. Current IABC Victoria board members are included in this process.
How can I nominate a candidate?
Nominators must submit a one-page statement describing the reason for the nomination. The statement should clearly identify the most compelling reason for making the nomination and include specific examples that illustrate the person’s outstanding efforts and achievements rather than general complimentary statements.
- Nominations should provide specific details such as:
- The period of time during which the contributions occurred.
- How the individual’s work or actions brought positive attention to IABC Victoria.
- How the individual’s work may have impacted the functioning of IABC Victoria.
- How the individual’s performance has enhanced the work of others.
- Two referees – professional and/or within IABC.
- Nominations can be made by any IABC member; however self-nominations are not accepted. You can submit more than one nomination.
- Nominations entries should be emailed to firstname.lastname@example.org, and must be made by 31 May each year.
- The IABC Victoria Executive Leadership Team will assess nominations against the criteria and will decide by consensus if a nomination meets the criteria.
- The recipient will be announced at IABC Victoria’s annual Bronze Quill Awards Gala. In 2019, the recipient will be announced at the IABC Victoria Bronze Quill Awards & 20th Anniversary Gala on 29 July 2019.
Winner Spotlight – 2020 Recipient Sia Papageorgiou FRSA, SCMP
Sia has contributed solidly to the continued the success of the IABC and is a model of exemplary service to an organisation where there is a shared purpose and values system.
She is a walking billboard for vision, focus, delivery, collaboration, respect and creating a sense of belonging.
Since commencing with IABC Victoria four years ago, year after year Sia has continued to work tirelessly not just in her own portfolio but assisted and supported others on the Board. Her work and commitment to certification each year should also not go unnoticed and believe she has also led this area for our chapter and set the framework for us to continue to be leaders in the certification space. Her roles with IABC have included:
- Immediate Past President – Feb 2020 to present
- President – Feb 2019 to Feb 2020
- Vice President – Nov 2018 – Feb 2019
- Professional Development Chair – Feb 2018 – Feb 2019
- Brand/Communications Co-Chair – Feb 2017 –Feb 2018
- Member, Board Nominations Committee – 2018, 2019, 2020
- Evaluation Panel, IABC Asia-Pacific Communicator of the Year Awards – 2020
- Gold Quill Blue Ribbon Panel – 2019 – 2020
- Board Director, IABC Asia-Pacific – 2018 – 2019
Global Communication Certification Council (GCCC)
- Vice Chair – July 2020 – present
- Council member – Jul 2019 – July 2020
IABC Victoria President Deb Ganderton says, “For me as the 2020 President and acknowledging that this will be her last year on the Board I pay homage to my colleague, my friend and say you have made a difference to our Board and the profession and we thank you. Every Board should have a Sia.”