IABC Victoria is committed to fostering a community of communication professionals all over the world. We are about advancing the communication profession as a strategic leadership function, developing strategic communication professionals and creating global and local peer connections.
About the program
Our new professional development grant program is an initiative that supports communication professionals to be members of IABC and develop as communication leaders and contributors to IABC Victoria goals and outcomes.
The professional development program is designed to bring a diverse range of practitioners into IABC Victoria. Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islanders, people with disability, people who are culturally and linguistically diverse (CALD), early-career professionals, people returning to the profession after a career break or people transitioning to the communication field are all encouraged to apply as well as be nominated by other. So, nominate now!
The grant runs as part of a two-year professional development program valued at approximately $1200.
Recipients will enjoy a range of benefits including:
- IABC membership
- Attendance to all IABC Victoria events (including Gala dinner)
- Participation in IABC Victoria mentoring program
- Attachment to IABC Victoria Board (40 hours assistance provided to IABC Victoria Board over two years)
- Formal coaching sessions for recipients by Adrian Cropley of Cropley Communications.
- Sessions to total two hours (2) in duration every six (6) months.
Nominate someone now
To eligible to receive a This is Creative Professional Development Grant the nominated recipient needs to be an Aboriginal and/or Torres Strait Islander individual.
You must be enrolled in a communication course, hold a communication qualification or have some experience (paid or voluntary) in one of the following fields:
- Corporate communication
- Marketing, advertising and public relations
- Multimedia (e.g. videography, photography, audio/visual, animation)
- Journalism, electronic media, and TV and radio broadcasting
- Intercultural and multi-linguistic communication
- Must have been living (and continuing to live) in the state of Victoria for at least 12 months.
Nominations for the This is Creative Professional Development Grant Program is currently open.
Grants are awarded on the basis of a competitive selection process.
Communication professionals must be:
- Aboriginal and Torres Strait Islander
- People with disability
- CALD, early-career professionals (1-3 years’ experience), people returning to the profession after a career break or transitioning to the communication field.
Shortlisted nominations will be required to meet with IABC Victoria Board members as part of the selection process.
To nominate someone you know for a professional development grant, with their permission, send their contact details email@example.com
IABC Victoria will confirm the receipt of your application by return email and we’ll do the rest!
For further information on the grant sponsor, refer to IABC Victoria partners.