IABC recognises IABC Victoria in the Chapter Management Awards.
The Chapter Management Awards recognise the leadership abilities, management skills, creativity and teamwork of outstanding volunteer chapter leaders worldwide.
This year, your local chapter won three awards — a Merit award in Communication, and Excellence awards in Leadership Development and Branding.
We were delighted to have past IABC Victoria member Bianca Smith collect them for us in Miami and of course for our Past President and now Global Chair Adrian Cropley to present.
Some of the achievements that got us over the line were:
- The launch of the new website
- The launch of the new e-newsletters
- The use of social media
- Being able to measure our communciations
- Use of a quarterly dashboard metric to chart progress and reallocate resources
- The introduction of the Bronze Quills
- Conducting realistic job previews with potential board members
- Using a three level framework for recruiting volunteers (task, project, portfolio)
- Funding scholarships for professional development
- Changing our board meetings to evening meets to allow better discussion and decision making
- Developing a chapter finance literacy document which helps all volunteers understand their financial obligations
- Identifying and promoting the local brand attributes – a sense of community and welcoming
- the rebrand of the website and the e-newsletters
- aligned branding of the gala dinner
- living the brand – Be Heard
As a chapter, we are no strangers to CMAs — we have been fortunate to win them in 2008, 2009 and now 2012. It is a tremendous validation of the hard work that the chapter board and volunteers do and it is difficult to attribute the wins to a particular board as this win can be considered a consolidation of the hard work that has gone on from the previous years. So — to all the Board Members past and present — Way to Go!!